We found a picnic table in the shade of a great climbing tree and ate our sandwich lunch. After we were refreshed and had full bellies we went into the Pavilion museum. Lily and Ronnie and Dad partook in a kids program on making paper airplanes, then we watched a movie about the Wright Brothers.
Also while at the park went by the "playground" or at least that's what I think it is. Basically it's metal sculptures of the first flight that you can crawl around on and stuff.
After leaving the Wright Brothers we headed up the coast to see the Currituck lighthouse. It turned out to be a long trek but it was a beautiful lighthouse but in our opinion not worth the money to climb it. On the way back we stopped at a great little seafood market and got 5lbs of shrimp for $30 and flounder (for me since I'm not a shrimp fan). Peeling the shrimp was a group effort.
Jeremy cooked the seafood and some help from me and let me tell you...it was DELICIOUS!!! We all decided that it was amazing seafood and we wouldn't eat seafood out again we would just let Jeremy cook it!
The day ended with the Hot Tub and late night run to Uncle Eddie's for Jeremy and I. I had the Mango Raspberry Cream this time and it was fantastic!! (we also sat outside and got bug bit).
I can't believe tomorrow is our last day at the beach!
:) Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment